HIV & Hepatitis Training
We provide training for people at risk of contracting HIV or Hepatitis C and for professionals who work with those at risk or living with the conditions.
Our training gives a better understanding of HIV and Hepatitis C, and also covers
- the impact of the viruses on individuals affected
- how to best support people living with HIV or Hepatitis C
- sexual health and the law
- prevention and support into testing
- the needs of communities most affected by HIV or Hepatitis C.
Training is delivered around Scotland by Waverley Care staff or partners. All trainers have expertise in HIV and Hepatitis C and can create sessions specific to the needs of those taking part.
Individuals who take part in the training sessions are more informed to prevent becoming infected with HIV or Hepatitis C and/or to take an HIV or Hepatitis C test. Professionals who have attended training are better equipped to support those who are infected or at risk.