Our residential care and support service is provided at Waverley Care Milestone in Edinburgh.
The service provides intensive support for people living with HIV or Hepatitis C. It can enable you to leave hospital early from an inpatient stay or help prevent you from being admitted to hospital. We can also provide support if you are struggling to manage your treatment and medication for example dealing with side-effects or struggling to take the medication regularly. The service is also available if you need respite care and support.
Waverley Care Milestone is staffed by a team of experienced Support Workers who hold nursing and SVQ qualifications. Ancillary staff and volunteers along with the staff from Waverley Care’s other services in Edinburgh are also available to support you during a stay.
Milestone offers residents many things including:
- a fun, relaxed and supportive atmosphere
- time to talk about concerns and worries
- access to information, advice, counselling, and complementary therapies
- a daily programme of activities
- support into and with treatment
- help to link up with other community services e.g. benefits advice
- help to meet other health and social care professionals
- intensive one-to-one care and support
- the opportunity to meet and socialise with others who are living with HIV or Hepatitis C and may have had similar experiences.
Residents will be allocated a key worker on arrival at Milestone to co-ordinate care and support.
In February 2014, Milestone was re-opened following a major refurbishment thanks to funding from the City of Edinburgh Council and NHS Lothian.
You can self-refer to Milestone or ask your social worker or health professional to make a referral for you.
We accept referrals from all over Scotland. However, if you are not an Edinburgh resident, your social work department or health trust will need to meet the cost of your stay.