We are looking for a highly engaged, creative and motivated Marketing & Communications Assistant to support our growing work of Communications and Policy team at Waverley Care.
Hours of work: Full time (37.5 hours per week)
Hybrid Working (WFH and office based in Edinburgh)
Salary: £24,300 – £27,912 depending on experience
Holidays: 37 days, including public holidays
Closing date: 5pm, Monday 21 August
About the post
This is a newly created role to support the growing work of the Communications and Policy team with Waverley Care. It’s an exciting time to join the organisation in the wake of a successful rebrand and launch of a newly redeveloped website for the organisation. We have also just recently launched a new national campaign, #GetToZero, designed to show everyone in Scotland how they can play their part and help us get to zero new HIV transmissions by 2030.
This year is also the first year since Covid that we have a full schedule of outreach and engagement events like Prides across the country, and we will be out in force fundraising over the Edinburgh Fringe as we are the charity partner for the Pleasance Theatre Trust.
We are a growing and ambitious charity with a focus on ensuring we meet the 2030 target whilst also making sure that everyone in Scotland living with HIV or hep C gets the support they need.
This role will have a chance to get involved in every aspect of our marketing, communications and policy work and will also work closely with our colleagues in the fundraising team. It is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to establish a career in the third sector.
We are looking for someone with at least one year’s experience of working in an administration or marketing/communications role. They should be a highly engaged, creative, and motivated colleague who can bring the following attributes to the role:
- Exceptional organisational skills with an eye for detail.
- Excellent copywriting skills and experience of professional use of social media.
- Proactive working style and the ability to bring out enthusiasm for our work in others.
- Works well within a team with the ability to develop strong working relationships across a range of teams and stakeholders.
- Committed to continued professional development.
- Interested in our work and the life changing impact it has.
Full job description and person specification can be found in the attached documents below.
- Flexible working and TOIL Policy
- Equipment provided for working from home (laptop, phone etc.)
- Opportunities for continuous learning and development
- Enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity Benefit
- Death in Service benefits
- Employer pension (3% employee/6% employer or 4% employee/7% employer)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Recognition agreement with UNISON
How to apply
Completed application form should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Monday 21 August.
If you have any questions about this position, please contact Marketing and Communications Manager Evelina Matekonyte at email@example.com.