Self Management Programme
For some people living with HIV or Hepatitis C can have an impact on your self confidence and it can be difficult to plan ahead. Our Self Management Programme is designed to help you take control of your life and think positively about the future.
We can provide self-management on a one-to-one basis or in a group setting. The programme helps you develop the tools to feel more in control and also improve and maintain your physical and emotional health.
We cover topics such as self confidence, self esteem and self identity, managing negative thinking, managing your condition, disclosure and planning for the future. You’ll also be given the opportunity to identify one or more personal goals that you would like to achieve in relation to your life and/or your HIV or Hepatitis C. We will support you to create an action plan that can guide you towards achieving your goals.
Within our group Self Management Programmes those taking part also benefit from sharing experiences, helping each other find solutions and motivating each other to make changes.
Taking part in one-to-one or group Self Management Programme can help you with
- Improved confidence and self-esteem
- Being better able to manage negative thinking
- Improved relationships with family, friends and healthcare professionals
- Feeling more in control of your own life and your HIV or Hepatitis C
- Developing behaviours, tools or strategies that can help you improve the quality of your life.
The course is also available to people at risk of contracting HIV or Hepatitis C.