Prevention, Education and Awareness
Our work around prevention and education is wide-ranging and touches on everything we do. From free condoms-by-post and school workshops to national campaigns; our aim is to keep at-risk groups safe, provide education around HIV and Hepatitis C and reduce the stigma associated with the conditions.
Through our community outreach services we work with different individuals and groups to educate them about HIV and Hepatitis C, to prevent transmission and raise awareness of the conditions. Groups we particularly work with across the country include:
For Hepatitis C
- Individuals who are currently using or have previously used drugs
- Vulnerable or marginalised people living in areas with a high prevalence of drug misuse and Hepatitis C infection.
For HIV and Sexual Health
- Individuals who identify as gay, bisexual or transgender
- Individuals who are from African countries with high HIV prevalence
- Young people and at risk groups
If you are living with HIV or Hepatitis C our education work can help you to understand more about your condition, from understanding treatments, starting a relationship or having a baby, to your rights around confidentiality.
Argyll & Bute: Katrina Mitchell, Amanda Scott or Jen Goff
Edinburgh & the Lothians: Michael Marr
Forth Valley: Bibiana Zirra
Greater Glasgow & Clyde: Claire Kofman or Mildred Zimunya
Highland: Rachel Hughes or Rory Anderson
Lanarkshire: Nathan Mwesigwa
Communications Campaigns: Murray Cheek