HIV Awareness and Testing
Tuesday 1 December | 11am-3pm | Drop In Event
This World AIDS Day, our Health Improvement Team will be at the Simon Community Access Hub in Glasgow for a free HIV testing and awareness event.
From 11am-3pm we will have an Information stall offering:
- information about HIV, hepatitis C and other Blood Borne Viruses
- information on the support Waverley Care offers.
- advice about HIV and hepatitis C testing and treatment - dispelling myths that still exist
- Point of Care & DBS Testing for HIV and hepatitis C – to reduce stigma and encourage people to test who are at high risk of infection
- support for people with known diagnosis to access treatment
Free gift bags will be given to anyone who tests on the day and/or receives support to access treatment.
This event is particularly aimed at people in Glasgow who are experiencing homlessness or rough sleeping in Glasgow city centre. We particularly want to support people who are injecting, or have previously injected drugs.
The Simon Community Access Hub can be found at:
The Access Hub,
389 Argyle Street,
Glasgow. G2 8LR