The Kiltwalk (Various 2023)
The Kiltwalk returns with events across the country and distances to suit all abilities. So pull on your kilt, dust off your trainers and join us for a great day out!
We’d love you to take part in the Kiltwalk for Waverley Care and help raise vital funds for people affected by HIV, Hepatitis C and sexual health across Scotland.
How to take part:
- Choose your location and distance
- Visit www.thekiltwalk.co.uk/events and register
- Select Waverley Care as your chosen charity
- ...and let us know when you've signed up!
Where and when:
- Glasgow - tbc
- Aberdeen - tbc
- Dundee - tbc
- Edinburgh - tbc
At each of the city events, you have the choice of three distances. The Wee Wander - shorter distances from 3-5 miles, The Big Stroll - the middle distance of 11-15 miles or The Mighty Stride - the big one, clocking in at over 22-26 miles.
- All the support you’d need from Waverley Care
- Waverley Care #SmashStigma technical t-shirt
- Walker Pack including your ID card, walker guide and route map
- Pit Stop snacks and refreshments, plus a hot meal at the end
- Entertainment on the route
- Encouragement along the way from the brilliant Kiltie Volunteers
- Kiltwalk finishers medal
As an added bonus, The Hunter Foundation will once again top up all funds raised by 50%! This means if you raise £150, Waverley Care will receive £225!
"The Edinburgh Kiltwalk was an amazing experience! It’s accessible to everyone, no matter what your fitness level. I chose a 15 mile route and fundraised for Waverley Care because I really believe in the work they are doing. It helped keep me motivated the whole way through the walk too! If you’re thinking about walking, all I can say is grab a friend and sign-up for Waverley Care! You’ll be helping an amazing charity."
Ross Sansom - Waverley Care Kiltwalker
If you have any questions about taking part, or want to find out more about supporting Waverley Care at other events, contact Holly at firstname.lastname@example.org or