The Kiltwalk (date tbc)
Pull on your kilt, dust off your trainers and join us for a great day out!聽 The Kiltwalk is Scotland's community event, bringing together walkers of all ages and abilities to have fun and raise funds for their chosen charity.
We’d love you to walk for Waverley Care and help raise vital funds for people affected by HIV, Hepatitis C and sexual health across Scotland.
The 2022 dates are still be be confirmed. Information below is taken from September 2021.
There are two distances you can choose at the Kiltwalk:
- The Wee Wander - 3.5 Miles
- The Mighty Stride - 16.5 Miles
Entry into the Wee Wander is £12.80 and the Big Stroll and Mighty Stride are both £25. The entry cost includes your Digital Walker Pack, Kiltwalk finishers medal, pre-packed finishers meal and encouragement along the way from Kiltie Volunteers!
Choose your challenge and register at www.thekiltwalk.co.uk. You'll be guided through setting up your fundraising page and then you're ready to tell your friends all about your sponsored walk!
What to expect:
- Arrive and go - You will be given a time to arrive, join a queue and commence your walk shortly after.
- Limited spaces available- Numbers will be restricted to maximise your safety on the day. Sign up now to avoid disappointment!
- No gathering - The Kiltwalk have arrangements to ensure that you and your group can stay socially distanced from others.
- No spectators - This is to ensure as many Kiltwalkers can participate as possible on the day.
- Mask wearing - Masks are to be worn at all major Kiltwalk venues such as the start site, Pit Stops and upon entry to the end site.
- Track and Trace - It will be compulsory to scan the NHS track and trace QR code upon entry to your start venue.
Ross Sansom, one of our fantastic walkers from 2018 told us "The Edinburgh Kiltwalk was an amazing experience! It’s accessible to everyone, no matter what your fitness level. I chose the 15 mile route and fundraised for Waverley Care because I really believe in the work they are doing. It helped keep me motivated the whole way through the walk too! If you’re thinking about walking, all I can say is grab a friend and sign-up for Waverley Care! You’ll be helping an amazing charity."
To find out more, contact Holly or Matt at email@example.com or