Our befriending volunteers focus on building reliable relationships with people accessing our services who may be experiencing social isolation and/or loneliness.
Responsibilities of this role include meeting up with individuals who use our services in a social setting on a regular basis and providing support and companionship. As a befriending volunteer, you will be a friendly face to our service users and will help combat the stigma that affects people living with a blood-borne virus.
- Informed (or willing to learn)
- Active listener
- Able to operate within boundaries
We would LOVE to hear from you!
What you can expect:
- Meet new people
- Build relationships
- Develop your skills in listening, understanding, and processing positive and challenging experiences
- Positively impact someone’s life
- Contribute to the fight against stigma
- Receive support from Waverley Care on a one to one and group basis
- Group Support sessions with Waverley Care and other befrienders to learn from one another
- Regular volunteer events
If you’d prefer to sign-up by telephone, please call us on 07736 972642.