Our Peer Mentors offer one on one support and guidance to individuals using our services, drawing from their own lived experiences.
Responsibilities of this role include providing emotional and social support to individuals who use our services on a one to one basis to help navigate specific challenges around living with HIV or hepatitis.
- Someone with lived experience willing to share their knowledge and coping strategies
- Well Informed (or willing to learn)
- Active listener
- Open minded
- Able to operate within boundaries
- Able to work towards set goals within time limits
We would LOVE to hear from you!
What you can expect:
- Meet new people
- Build relationships
- Use your lived experience in a positive way
- Develop your skills in listening, understanding and processing positive and challenging experiences
- Positively impact on someone’s life experience
- Full training to a nationally recognised level
- Support from Waverley Care on a one to one and group basis
- Group Support sessions with Waverley Care and other Peer Supporters to learn from others
- Regular volunteer events
If you’d prefer to sign-up by telephone, please call us on 07736 972642.