Our Community Link Volunteers focus on building rapport and nurturing trust with people living with a blood borne virus transitioning from prison and reintegrating into the community.
Responsibilities of this role include meeting up with our service users who live with a blood borne virus and have been recently released from prison, providing support and signposting to partner organisations.
- Informed (or willing to learn)
- Confident meeting new people
- Available to attend prison outreach events
- Confident discussing sexual health
- Able to operate within boundaries
We would LOVE to hear from you!
What you can expect:
- Build rapport and foster trust with service users either in prison, or engaged with the justice system
- Be part of a friendly and enthusiastic team
- Promote Waverley Care work
- Participate in campaigns
- Promote good sexual health through education and awareness sessions
- Support from Waverley Care on one to one and group basis
If you’d prefer to sign-up by telephone, please call us on 07736 972642.